Tattoo Removal Aftercare
Our laser technicians are specially trained in using the best protocols for your specific skin type and tattoo. That being said, we promise to do our part in delivering safe and effective treatments and ask that you take special care of your skin at home.
If you’ve been researching laser tattoo removal, then you know that this procedure is the best option for getting rid of unwanted ink. And while the complications of laser tattoo removal are few, certain side effects can occur without proper aftercare. ExtINKtion in Grand Forks, ND provides detailed aftercare instructions for each patient to take home. Our laser technicians are specially trained in using the best protocols for your specific skin type and tattoo. That being said, we promise to do our part in delivering safe and effective treatments and ask that you take special care of your skin at home. Here are a few aftercare tips to keep in mind when leaving our clinic.
• Keep the treated tattoo clean and dry after the weeks following each treatment. Lightly cleanse the area with soap and water; do not rub, pat to dry.
• Apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment three times a day for the first three days of the healing process. Cover the area with a sterile bandage.
• To reduce discomfort or inflammation, apply a cold compress to the treatment site for 24 hours after your treatment. Tylenol (acetaminophen) may be taken for pain relief, but avoid taking aspirin as it can increases risks of bruising and/or bleeding
• Avoid soaking the treatment area; pools, hot tubs, baths, and other water activities should be avoided until the treatment area is completely healed. Showers can be taken as long as water is not directly hitting the treatment site.
• Blisters and scabs are very common side effects of laser tattoo removal. If you experience these side effects, do not be alarmed. Allow blisters to pop and scabs to shed naturally, never force them. Doing so can lead to infection and more serious side effects.
• Apply a sunblock with SPF 25 or higher once the treatment site has completely healed. Patients should avoid excessive sun exposure to avoid skin discoloration.
• If you experience any adverse or serious symptoms, please contact our office immediately.