Hair Removal Aftercare
We use safe, customized protocols for each patient to ensure you receive the best results. Patients will receive detailed take-home aftercare instructions after each treatment.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind after having laser hair removal treatment:
• Avoid excessive sun or UV exposure for at least 7 days following your treatment. Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher for ongoing maintenance after treatment.
• Apply aloe vera, a cold compress, or soothing ointment to relieve any sensitivity, redness, or swelling.
• Avoid hot water for 24 to 48 hours after treatment. This includes hot showers, baths, steam rooms, and saunas. Tanning activities such as tanning beds should also be avoided.
• Gently exfoliate the area with a washcloth to help remove the dead hair out of the follicles. Your hair will begin to shed naturally over the weeks following your treatment. Do not pull out hairs that are still connected.
• Shaving or trimming your hair between treatments is okay, but avoid plucking or waxing. Hair must be attached to the follicle in order for laser treatment to be successful.
• If you experience any adverse or unwanted side effects, call our office immediately.